Thursday, September 22, 2016

Thursday Fun XXXIX

Aloha,

This week was JavaOne in San Francisco and it was a blast...as always :)
During the conference my friend Todd showed me some visualization framework that creates some kind of dashboards where one part of the dashboard was a world map.
When I saw that world map I thought it would be nice to have an interactive world map as a JavaFX control.
So I've created one and here it's what it looks like...



The map is based on SVGPath elements and to resize the map correctly I use the ScalableContentPane from Michael Hoffer's amazing VWorkFlows framework.
Each country could also hold a value which might be useful for some kind of data visualization.

If you are interested in the code you will find it as usual on github.

That's it for today...so enjoy the upcoming the weekend and...keep coding :)

No comments:

Post a Comment