Friday, January 17, 2020

Friday Fun LXII - Formatted text field

Aloha,

In the current project we had the need for a custom JavaFX text field that has the ability of formatting numbers in a specific way e.g. "0.05 EUR" or "6 years" etc.
I remembered that I did such a field long time ago and found it in on my disk. At the same time I figured out that I had never put it on github...so here you go...

In addition there have been some special requirements like when in edit mode the units should not be visible but as soon as you leave the field they should be shown etc.

There is a gradle task to start the demo and you can execute it on the command line by typing in: 

./gradlew demo

Just make sure that you are at least on JDK 11 with OpenJFX11.

As always the code can be found on github..

That's it for today...so keep coding...

No comments:

Post a Comment