Friday, July 1, 2016

Friday Fun XXXII - Old School Baby...

Hi there,

Two weeks ago someone pinged me on twitter and came up with an idea for another Friday Fun control and last weekend I've found some time to implement it.
We are talking about a DialPlate...I hope you are old enough to remember that, for those who not...here is a little picture to give you an idea...



I liked the idea even if I have no clue for what it might be useful :)
So here is the control I came up with...



As you can see it's really just the dialplate and because I had no idea what it might be useful for it also fires events when you dial a number so that you could think about using it as a dialer to create numbers for whatever. Because I was running out of time I did not implement the correct behavior when rotating to the left (in which case it should not rotate at all) but feel free to fix it :)

To give you an idea what it looks like in action, here is a little video that I've recorded...



And as always if you are interested in the code, feel free to fork it on github.

That's it for today, short but better than nothing and don't forget...keep coding... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment